Saturday 24 October 2015

AUTUMN BLUE BOXIN'

We went out this morning, a very pleasant autumn Saturday morning, and did our round through a schoolyard, part of Raglan Street, and over the swinging bridge and around the museum. I was surprised to see there was relatively little recyclable material on our route. Usually, on a Saturday morning, which of course follows a Friday evening, we expect to find a lot of junk food packaging. This was not the case this morning, and I wonder if, with the cooler weather, people are less likely to be strolling around with junk food.

We also noticed, or should I say didn't notice as much stuff on the roads because there are so many piles of autumn leaves. They either cover or disguise a lot of what there is. It may be that we have less reason to be blue box walking for the next few months.

I can't say that I am too disappointed with that, because teary eyes and runny noses are some of the things that discourage me from cold weather walking. On the other hand, my companion barely notices the change in temperature and would not turn down a walk under most circumstances.

Keep on blue box walking,

Ray and Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment